WHAT WE PUBLISH
We consider unpublished work from Irish and international authors. We intend to publish a mix of fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, translation, and memoir.
The deadline for submission to the next issue is Sunday 4th October 2020.
- Individuals may submit up to 2 pieces of prose or 3 poems.
- Prose must not exceed 2,500 words in length.
- Poetry should be submitted in the format in which you wish it to appear on the page; individual poems should not exceed 50 lines.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Submissions should be set in Times New Roman, 12 point, 1.5 spacing. The file name should be your surname and initial(s) and genre (e.g. Smith J_Poetry).
- The work submitted for consideration should contain no identifying information, e.g. name or address, to allow for a blind reading of work submitted.
- Authors are asked to submit pieces of work separately for each category (i.e. one document containing a poem or poems, another for prose).
- Include a 150-word biography. Clearly the name to be used in any publication.
- Please attach one file only per category (e.g. all poems submitted should be in one document) up to two (2) categories per person.
SOME OTHER DETAILS
- We cannot accept work that has been previously published (including on personal blogs) and prefer not to receive work currently being reviewed elsewhere.
- We cannot enter into correspondence with individual authors.
- Work submitted after the deadline has passed will not be considered.
- If you wish to withdraw a submission for any reason please notify us by email prior to the deadline.
- We receive a high volume of submissions and many emails; please be patient with us as we try to manage this!
- The Ogham Stone unfortunately cannot offer monetary payment to authors and artists who are accepted for publication. All published authors and artists will receive a copy of the journal.
- If you have any questions about this call, please contact us at email@example.com
- Finally, thank you so much for your interest in The Ogham Stone!