NOW OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS
WHAT WE PUBLISH
We are pleased to announce that we are open for submissions for The Ogham Stone 2019! We consider unpublished work from Irish and international authors. We intend to publish a mix of fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, memoir, and visual art.
All submissions must be made by 5pm on Monday 2nd November 2018. We ask that authors adhere to the submission guidelines.
- All submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions should be attached to your email. Please attach one file only per category. If you are submitting more than one work in each category please keep them all in one document, with numbered pages.
- All written work should be submitted as a Microsoft Word document (set in Times New Roman, 12 point, 1.5 spacing). The file name should be your surname and initial(s) (e.g. Smith J).
- All visual art should be submitted as .jpg or .png with 300 dpi quality.
- Please indicate in the subject line of the email what category your submission falls into (poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, memoir, visual art).
- Please indicate clearly the title of each piece.
- Include a 150-word biography in the body of the email, along with a contact email address. Please also indicate clearly the name to be used in any publication.
- Authors are asked to submit pieces of work separately, for each category (i.e. one email containing a poem or poems, another for prose etc.).
- Individuals may submit up to 2 pieces of prose, 3 poems and/or 3 pieces of visual art but may submit to all categories.
- Prose must not exceed 2,500 words in length.
- Poetry should be submitted in the format in which you wish it to appear on the page; individual poems should not exceed 50 lines.
- We cannot accept work that has been previously published (including on personal blogs) and prefer not to receive work currently being reviewed elsewhere.
- Work submitted after the deadline has passed will not be considered.
- If you wish to withdraw a submission for any reason please notify us by email prior to the deadline.
The Ogham Stone cannot offer monetary payment to authors and artists who are accepted for publication. All published authors and artists will receive a copy of the journal.