WHAT WE PUBLISH
We consider unpublished work from Irish and international authors. We intend to publish a mix of fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, translation, and memoir.
The deadline for submission to the next issue is Friday 18th October 2019.
- All submissions for consideration for the 2020 issue must be emailed to email@example.com. We ask that authors please adhere to the submission guidelines.
- Individuals may submit up to 2 pieces of prose or 3 poems.
- Prose must not exceed 2,500 words in length,
- Poetry should be submitted in the format in which you wish it to appear on the page; individual poems should not exceed 50 lines.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Submissions should be attached to an email which should contain your contact details and a biography of 150 words. Please attach one file only per category (e.g. all poems submitted should be in one document). Authors are asked to submit pieces of work separately, for each category (i.e. one email containing a poem or poems, another for prose).
- Please indicate in the subject line of the email what category your submission falls into (poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, memoir). Include a 150-word biography in the body of the email, along with a contact email address. Please also indicate clearly the name to be used in any publication.
- All written work should be submitted as a Microsoft Word document (set in Times New Roman, 12 point, 1.5 spacing). The file name should be your surname and initial(s) (e.g. Smith J).
SOME OTHER DETAILS
- We cannot accept work that has been previously published (including on personal blogs) and prefer not to receive work currently being reviewed elsewhere.
- We cannot enter into correspondence with individual authors.
- Work submitted after the deadline has passed will not be considered.
- If you wish to withdraw a submission for any reason please notify us by email prior to the deadline.
- We receive a high volume of submissions and many emails; please be patient with us as we try to manage this!
- The Ogham Stone unfortunately cannot offer monetary payment to authors and artists who are accepted for publication. All published authors and artists will receive a copy of the journal.
- Finally, thank you so much for your interest in The Ogham Stone!