WHAT WE PUBLISH
The Ogham Stone 2018 issue is now accepting submissions of unpublished work from both Irish and international writers and artists. We will consider fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, and memoir, as well as visual arts/photography.
All submissions must be made by 5pm on Thursday 31st August 2017. We ask that authors adhere to the submission guidelines.
- All submissions must be emailed to email@example.com. Submissions should be attached to your email.
- All written work should be submitted as a Microsoft Word document (set in Times New Roman, 12 point). The file name should be your surname and initial(s) (e.g. Smith J).
- Please indicate in the subject line of the email what category your submission falls into (poetry, fiction, CNF etc).
- Please indicate clearly the title of the piece.
- Include a 150-word biography in the body of the email, along with a contact email address. Please also indicate clearly the name to be used in any publication.
- Authors and artists are asked to submit pieces of work separately for each category (i.e. one email containing a poem, another for prose).
- Individuals may submit up to 4 pieces in total but may submit across all categories.
- Prose must not exceed 2,000 words in length.
- Poetry should be submitted in the format in which you wish it to appear on the page; individual poems should not exceed 50 lines.
- We cannot accept work that has been previously published (including on personal blogs) and prefer not to receive work currently being reviewed elsewhere.
- Work submitted after the deadline has passed will not be considered.
- If you wish to withdraw a submission for any reason please notify us by email prior to the deadline.
Additional information for visual artists:
- All images must be sent as .jpg or .png files.
- Editors will not make any major changes to photography, but may have to brighten an image to enhance features on a printed page.
- If work is chosen, we require high resolution files. We cannot print anything under 300dpi.
Due to limited funding, The Ogham Stone cannot offer monetary payment to authors and artists who are accepted for publication. All published authors and artists will receive a copy of the journal.