2018 is the 200th anniversary of the publication of
Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein
To celebrate Frankenstein’s 200th anniversary, we are launching a competition in association with Frankenweek@UL, which runs from 22nd– 31st October.
If you think you could be the next Mary Shelley, keep reading…
The Ogham Stone welcomes submissions of writing in the category of horror/ghost story. The prize is €100 for the best overall piece as well as publication in The Ogham Stone 2019.
- Submitted work should be unpublished and original
- Poems should not exceed 40 lines
- Prose should not exceed 2,500 words
- Entries should be submitted as an MS Word document (.doc or .docx) with numbered pages. The title should be clearly indicated on the first page. Please do not use your name or include identifying information in the document.
- Authors are limited to 2 submissions only.
- There is no entry fee
- All submissions should be sent to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 30th of November 2018
- Submissions that fall outside of the guidelines will be disqualified.
Small Print: Judging will be carried out blind. The decision of the judge is final. We cannot offer feedback nor enter into correspondence with authors about their work or about the final decision. Canvassing will disqualify. The winner will be notified before the announcement is made.